Replacement GM High Mount Lamp Assembly Buyer's Guide
Are you a GM owner? Are you looking for more information on high mount lamp assemblies? If you answered “yes” to both questions, this buyer’s guide is for you. We’ll go over everything you need to know about high mount lamp assemblies on GM vehicles.
What Is A High Mount Lamp Assembly And Why Is It Important?
First things first. Let’s talk about what a high mount lamp assembly is. It’s a brake light above the rear window. It’s a third brake light that reduces rear-end collisions. It’s proven to work so well because it increases visibility.
A high mount lamp assembly has many other names, including:
- High mount stop light assembly
- High mounted stop lamp
- Third brake light assembly
- Center high mount stop lamp assembly
- Cyclops brake light
This post has more information about what a high mount lamp assembly is and why it’s so effective.
Why The Third Brake Light Stops Working
If you’re wondering why your third brake light stopped working, this post may help you. It addresses the most common causes of third brake light assembly failure on GM vehicles. The list includes:
- Blown fuse
- Short circuit
- Burned out bulb
- Malfunctioning brake light switch
- Loose wiring
The post goes into each cause in more detail. It also explains how you can diagnose the issue.
How To Replace A High Mount Brake Light Assembly In Your Escalade
Replacing a high mount brake light assembly is much easier than it sounds. You would only need basic tools. The process takes about 10 minutes. For example, take a look at this tutorial for replacing the third brake light assembly in an Escalade. All you need to do is:
- Unscrew the old brake light assembly.
- Disconnect the wires from the old brake light assembly.
- Remove the old brake light assembly.
- Install the new brake light assembly.
Are OEM Replacement Third Brake Light Assemblies Better Than Aftermarket?
Are you trying to decide between an OEM and an aftermarket third brake light assembly for your GM vehicle? If you ask us, an OEM assembly is always the better investment. This post explains why. To sum it up:
- GM makes its third brake light assemblies with high quality materials
- OEM third brake light assemblies fit exactly right
- Many aftermarket third brake light assemblies don’t come with a warranty
If you need help finding the right replacement third brake light assembly for your GM vehicle, please contact us. We’ll be happy to help you!